Mary Ann

Silver Moon
What is your opinion on B12 and animal protein dilemma? I'm about to become vegeterian than vegan. This is my personal journey and I don't judge people who choose to eat meat. Where I live they say : God created animals so we could eat. Also there is judgement that vegans look sick and unhealthy. But I see sick people all around me, our mind and body and soul is suffering.

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Lina, I'm so glad you changed your picture. You look gorgeous!

Mary Ann, I agree, it's not about judgment. And no, neither were animals created so we could eat, nor were we created so we could kill them. All life is in the process of becoming...

I don't eat anything with meat and I do my best to abstain from cosmetics that were tested on animals too. I'm not orthorexic by any means and if someone gives me a cookie that has butter or eggs in it, I won't frown on it either. If someone offers me coffee and it has cream in it, I won't reject it and let it go to waste. I would find that disrespectful to the cow who provided it. Having said that, I don't participate in the "demand creates supply" game. I do draw the line very clearly with meat or killing any Being, including spiders, moths, ants, etc. It has made me more conscious and alert and I walk Earth with a lighter foot print. It feels good and it feels right. As a result animals love me. I can't walk past a dog or cat that doesn't come up to me for a hug. It feels good to live like this.

And all my minerals are taken care of by Earth. Walk barefoot as much as you can. All your body needs are soaked up through the soles of your feet. Give your mother a chance to nourish you.

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
Lina for how long have you been raw vegan?You do look healthy and happy :)
Dr.Cha~zay, I agree with you. I've seen almost all your videos and I was amazed seeing you barefoot. I was interested in alternative ways of eating since highschool. I am sceptic
so before I believe I do my research. All the informations on the Internet are in contradiction that's why I used to give up. I found out that being B12 deficient can cause a lot of damage so even vegans take supplements. But why some people succeed and others don't?Is it evolution of the soul the key?
I guess at the end we all walk our own journey and the truth we can find only in ourselves.

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
Lina you look great and radiant in the picture!

Hi Mary Ann, I was anemic and concerned of iron deficiency too; I also questioned why some vegan are so healthy and some look sick ...maybe the question has provided a hint that being vegetarian/vegan is not the significant factor for health issues? Another thought I have is that our bodies are organic,.. not as precise/exact as machines are(same input = same output for every machine given any second of time). For example, with 5mg of B12 taken one body may process all while the other absorb none...and diseases could also be caused by stress, life styles or allergens.
It seems like no one dieting theory fits all and the body knows better what it wants. I asked my body if it's benefical to eat meat and always got the answer "NO" whether I have cravings or not.

I quit eating meat since last year because I want to support animals and I believe we can attain health with no harm to no one. I was very impressed and inspired by vegetarian people on this forum and around me! There are some anti-vegan rebates that I don't resonate at all but interestingly my meat-eating/meat-loving friends still support me (or at least respect me) to change my diet. :) Best luck to you for a smooth transition.

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
Sure Mary Ann, I would love to hear how it goes...I hope it will bring you many benefits and positive changes. Enjoy your new life adventure! :geek::love:

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Hi Mary Ann !!!
Maybe you could make it your year theme?
This way you can plan your strategy and set a couple of goals at a time, so that you will have a full year to go back and forth and integrate the changes in a gentle way for you and your body.

And don't ever, ever, ever, EVER blame yourself for not "succeeding" !!!!
Remember what Thomas Edison said:
I have not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work. :thumbsup:

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
Thank you Lina for your support. I do blame myself because there was no good reason for my failure. And also I must say that I have menstrual cramps as long as I know and it stopped during time when I was not eating meat. This means that this meat we eat have too much hormons. I don't even like meat that much but I do like fish.
I should plan my strategy as you say.
I'm tired of myself. :-(

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
I'm transitioning from vegetarian to vegan.
I eat mostly plant based food and sometimes cheese, eggs and coffee with milk. I feel much better now but I feel like it's time to go vegan. It comes with other things too.
Wish me luck :)

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
Does anyone know why vegans must take B12 supplements? I know how animals produce it ("B12 is made by anaerobic microorganisms .Anaerobic bacteria are common in the gastrointestinal tract of animals.The presence of B12 in animal foods is only because of contamination with intestinal bacteria."), why we can't do that?

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
You know what Mary Ann?
I stopped taking B12 quite a few months now, because at some point it just didn't feel right.
Actually I was thinking about this issue myself the last days a lot.

In my gut I feel that we are missing something here.
I find it very difficult that Nature (or God) made the human, to need a very important vitamin which is called B12, that no animal or plant can produce by itself on the planet, and which only bacteria and archaea produce it because they have the enzymes needed for its synthesis, and so the human in order to get this very important vitamin that Nature made him need, has got to kill an animal who is minding its own business eating grass, and then cook it and eat it because the bacteria in its gut synthesized B12.

What the...???!!!
That doesn't sound like Nature!
That doesn't sound like God !
Of course I cannot speak on behalf on either, but to me it doesn't sound logical.

So either we don't need it, or, we are perfectly capable of synthesizing everything that our bodies require to function properly, if our diet is proper (as Nature intended for the human species) and we are clean on the inside.

This is what I am thinking lately.
Maybe Dr. Cha~Zay can enlighten us more on the subject.

As for the mcg, I just checked the bottle that the (western medicine) doctor gave me when he heard that I am vegan.
"Whaaaaaaaat???? You don't eat dead corpses that are at a rapid decomposition and putrefaction process, you don't eat chickens' unfertilized embryos (aka chickens' period), you don't eat the milk of other animals that is boiled to death, pasteurized and full of antibiotics and you don't eat mucus forming cheese that is full of fungus????!!!!!!
Here!!! I will save you!!! Take a chemically produced vitamin to make it up, because you don't put in your body temple all the above crap."

1000mcg

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
A lot of things are not logical to me. Why we don't have fur? Why we don't eat raw meat if we are meat eaters? Why our teeth rotten? Why woman bleed so much and have cramps? There was a time when I thought we are aliens and not created by mother earth. If bees die whole world dies and if we humans die than the planet is saved.

I thought it's normal to eat animals, because of B12, it's like we have to. And eating plants is also killing them, just we can't see the bood.
I was researching and found out that B12 is also found in the roots of plants because of this bacteria (It is not known whether these B12 analogues were active for humans). Maybe our food is too clean:D. There are plants that have B12 but it's not the same one that meat or animal products have that is beneficial. I read somewhere that B12 accumulates in the liver so it can pass a few years to actually experience B12 deficiency and than it can hit bad. I want to know the truth. What happend to us? Is veganism just a road to evolution of human body or are we vegans at the core?
Dr. Cha~zay can you please share your opinion on this subject? I can't walk bare foot around during winter only when it's summer time and I'm on the beach:)

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
Hej Lina, read this
http://adaptt.org/veganism.html#
You have everything clarified in section Vitamins, Mineral and Other Nutrients.
I think that veganism is changing my life. I can't believe how long I have been conditioned to believe we have to kill animals for health reasons and conditioned to see dogs and cats as our friends but lacking empathy toward other animals.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
That's just fantastic Mary Ann!!!
Thank you for this.

Yes, when you move into that realm, a lot of things suddenly make sense, or don't.
And the cool thing about it, is that you then talk by experience.
You walk in this life by knowing, as opposed to being lost in between other people's opinions.

Oh, and by the way, recently I had my annual blood test, and guess what my B12 result was -after quitting supplements 8 months ago-:
459 pg/mL , normal range: 191 - 663
Thank you very much!!!!!

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
That's great!! I have to do blood test also just to see where I stand. I'm not raw, I cook food mostly and I enjoy it very much. I have much much more energy with this diet.
If you find out something important let me know.:thumbsup::thumbsup::love:

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
Hello everyone and hello to my past self. :)
I have to say that I can't believe I have not gone vegan before. It's been 2 and half year since I've started my vegan journey. I haven't failed since, I didn't crave for food...I actually can't believe that I ate animals and animal products. I've learned so much about food and animal industry during these years. And it's not just food, their are beings that I feel so much for, it breaks my heart what we are doing to animals, nature and each other...But I try to stay compassionate toward everyone on their own journey and I try to not judge. I understand.

I'm so grateful for everything in my life that happend that brought me here. I feel like I was blind and...I don't know...what ever happend it changed me...

Sending lots of love to everyone on their journey :)

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
This is so refreshing to hear, Mary Ann! Congratulations on your most amazing (and natural) unfolding and finding of your compassion for our fellow travelers. I'm so glad you found your way here and I feel privileged to walk a bit of the journey with you. :love:

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
This is so refreshing to hear, Mary Ann! Congratulations on your most amazing (and natural) unfolding and finding of your compassion for our fellow travelers. I'm so glad you found your way here and I feel privileged to walk a bit of the journey with you. :love:
Thank you so much Cha~Zay! It was at least what I could do for our sentient beings and mother nature. People say to me: "Why do you restrict yourself? Enjoy your life!" And I always say to them:"This is such a small thing in compare to what they go through and I feel honored in my life that I was able to wake up enough and say "No" to taste buds and say "Yes" to the value of an animal life."

It's an amazing thing when life starts crumbling, when you loose what you loved the most, when life that you knew is taken from you and couple of years later you wake up as another person and now you know why it all happened. I can't stress that enough how grateful I am.

I'm so glad you found your way here and I feel privileged to walk a bit of the journey with you. :love:
I always think of Rumi's quote: "What you seek is also seeking you." :):) I'm honored!

p.s Love your Location: All over the place LOLLOLLOL

:love::love: