Help Us Redesign Our Community - What Changes Do You Want To See (check all that apply)?

• Total voters

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
To all our wonderful community members, this is your chance to voice your opinions, wishes and provide me with your much appreciated input.

Over the next few weeks this community will change in every way!

Not only will the forum names and categories and membership levels change, the entire site will get a massive facelift, new mascara, eye shadow and hey, why not a bit of new lip stick.

We will remain the Core Freedom Community and our dedication and focus will remain on the evolution of your soul.

This is your chance to let your voices be heard.
  1. What do you want more of, or less of?
  2. How do you want categories to be reorganized?
  3. What's missing?
  4. What's your greatest challenge?
  5. If you had this one thing figured out and life would be perfect, what would it be?
  6. What bothers you about this community?
  7. How can we improve?
Respond below and/or fill out the survey.

Anything else? Just respond below.

fork in the road.jpg

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
Hi! Exciting times, will follow the development with interest :) I mostly just would like to see more posts and interaction in general, besides that I'm open for anything new :)

Last edited:

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
The polls are a great way to encourage interaction, something that's lacking. This is a community space, but about 10-15 people have posted or responded in the year I've been here. There are a couple thousand members here who don't interact, post, respond, or participate. Maybe that's beneficial. I know there are others, like myself, who have posted something and have little to no response which may or may not encourage/discourage further interaction/participation. Cha~zay, you're awesome. Your advice giving style and comments are life-changing. Maybe, people are sort of waiting around for you to comment. :D In some ways, I do. Any time some of the others comment or post, it's great. It provides food for thought and practice. Sometimes, I don't know if I should respond as I'm afraid I'll write something deleterious.

This is a site that's dedicated to the evolution of one's soul, so maybe people are worried about not sounding/writing spiritual enough posts. I know this is something I think about before posting. As if being spiritual enough is needed, yet there is a concern about what others may think or judge me on especially because of this type of environment.

When reading through the forums, it's bulky in layout and quite strenuous to maintain one thread of conversation while everyone else's comments are added at any time. After a while, I don't read the threads to the end or further than a few comments. I would like to sometimes, but it's not organized well.

The posts where people stick to one theme, such as your yearly theme, meditation topics, etc., are pretty cool. I LOVE love LoVe the podcasts. (They are challenging in that evolutionary way. :) ) Anything about practical application of energy, mind, thoughts, mindfulness, metaphysics, color, sound, etc. are super awesome. The recommendations or comments on books, videos, etc. have elevated my life so much (The RA Material! Wow.)
---
My greatest challenge is myself.
If I had one thing figured out and life would be perfect, it'd be how to stick to my goals while allowing Source/God presence/Divine spark of my soul (Are they all the same?) in to guide me. So... balance? For example, I've started writing my autobiography and it's overwhelming much of the time. It's such a practice in staying (trying to) centered and in the middle of the spectrum as I write while many thoughts and emotions, memories and images flood by. I ask for guidance and extra spirit helpers to help me write what is needed. I guess starting out is tough. Maybe later it'll pick up a rhythm and pace. Or is this an ego vs. soul thing? Probably. :oops:

Rona May

May
Golden Sun (LT)
1 I enjoy the podcast a whole lot :D would love more of those. Lots of lurkers but not a lot of response sometimes/most of the time. Well I'm like that too I guess, sometimes being afraid (?) to write something. I like the colorful art/pictures of energy or what they're supposed to be, more of them would be nice :)

2 I think the categories are okay. I thought maybe another thread called lifestyle, i struggle with that alot or maybe it already fits in a category, not sure. Something that could help with daily life topics such as food, sleep, fitness, but I think that also fits in general discussions.

3 not sure what's missing, maybe active participants? Also more topics on healing/healing arts/etc. Healing methods/healing hands

4 my greatest challenge is myself. I hav a lack of integrity. Also, also one of the biggest one is feeling stuck or lost due to wanting to do a lot of things but never getting to it, maybe it's also a procrastination theme. At the same time, creating excuses not having this or that (money, time, supplies, etc.) And once I have those things, I kinda go for it then stop (like half-assed work) and end up losing the passion or maybe just not knowing what to do with newly learned skills/activities

5 if I had one thing figured out is to correct my non beneficial habits, causing me internal and external struggles. Also to know what I'm supposed to do and let God guide me.

6/7 can't think of anything, except the red theme on top last time I didn't like it. But it changed already so it's ok now. :)

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
I love your honesty, all! Thank you for your feedback. This is really helpful.

Yes, the interaction has been lacking. Last year in the summer I decided to withdraw a bit from the forum, keeping an eye out, but responding less. I wanted to give the community a chance to take and run with it. But the same few people kept it going, instead of everyone.

Having said that, I will do a 'cleanse' of the community members over the next few weeks/months, and more towards the end of the month. There is no need to have inactive stragglers here who are not truly benefiting from the content.

Thank you for the podcast comments. More are coming!

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
I am very new and haven't interacted that much yet. I have been listening to the amazing you tube videos and podcasts before subscribing here and intend to upgrade my account in a very near future ( I am a bit of a procrastinator)...
I wish I was a member when my relationship started. I have a huge interest in relationship topics, feminine and masculine energy dynamics and how our childhood affects the way we choose partners. I sometimes need lots of advice and hand holding regarding relationship because of my upbringing. I have come a long way and have been learning a lot, I think I am in a good place now, but doubts surface sometimes.

I feel I have a lot to say os spirituality topics but my biggest challenge is to translate it into words. English isn't my first language but I would struggle even in my mother tongue. I am working on finding my own voice and it has been a slow process however it is bringing me a lot of certainty about my own self and my beliefs. I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin as I feel right now and I hope it is only going to get better.

Oh and I first heard about Byron Katie here! I absolutely LOVE her work and it has been incredible helpful to me. Thank you for posting it! (sorry, I forgot who did it)

I would also love to ask the members and Dr Cha~zei about some other spiritual teachers that I follow and their teachings but I don't know if it is appropriate or not.

rainbowvision

Silver Moon
Hi! I've never posted but do drop by and also check Dr Cha-Zay's youtube channel. I'm a novice coach and spiritual mentor.
At the moment, I'm making some big changes in my life and try to spend less time online. I haven't found my 'tribe' yet and struggle with that still so I'd love for Dr Cha-Zay to cover that topic.

marzipan

Silver Moon
Hello All! I haven't posted either -I haven't had much time to explore the forum but would hate to be removed! I'm a big fan of Dr. Cha-Zay. I listen to her podcasts and have taken some of her courses on Udemy (which is where I discovered her). I'm very interested in making extra income online so that's one topic I would like to discuss. I'm also very interested in spirituality, and how to deal with difficult relationships (all kinds, including family and friends). I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in the website and promise to be more active in the future.

Rivendell

Silver Moon
Changes are welcome since I sometimes struggle in order to find again some posts or articles (but I'm a dyslexic so not everybody may have the same problem!). So I wish there was an index somewhere, with key words, if it's possible to organise, stating the category (posts, videos, podcasts...). This answers question 3.

I'd love to read more about testimonials about people -real or symbolic- who succeed(ed) in making the "highly improbable" real, i.e. as Mark Twain wrote: "they didn't know it was impossible, therefore they made it". This is an incredible motivation in a time of doubts of all kinds. I'd also would like to discover more about sociological trends (Dr Cha-Zay, when you give some figures, it's always astonishing!), in order to better understand what's going on in the world: in that respect, the Corefreedom community is international and it's a real asset. Furthermore, as I can read from the various posts, we often seem to refer to what is called "the Field" without ever mentioning it (maybe I'm wrong and haven't discovered it yet!), the way we shape our own reality and the link between information and energy, and this is a topic I'd like to see discussed. We can't avoid the exciting discoveries in quantum physics, which give insight to our daily lives, and this is why I feel that Dr Cha-Zay explanations are so useful, since they unite quantum physics to symbolism (is it what people called alchemy?!!!) This answers questions 1-3-5.

I joined this community as it offers a real place to share, think, feel, without being judged. The posts are lively, the topics profound, and it's very easy to post something. Please keep the emoticoms!:laugh::laugh::laugh: So when time comes, I'll become a Golden Sun, thank you Allyria Lai for this suggestion! :love:

My personal challenge is what I selected at the beginning of the year, and I'm still working on it and will be for a very long time I guess: opening my heart and speaking my heart.

I'm so grateful to Dr Cha-Zay and to everybody who contributes to this beautiful community!

Myself

Golden Sun (LT)
When I found this forum there were a lot of articles with a lot of information that taught me a lot. This has become less the past year thought it hasn't stopped me from learning. The way you interacted with us, promoting the self-awareness and not handing out answers on a silver platter but rather pointing towards the answer, has helped me to formulate the right questions if I'm looking for an answer. This in turn has also, from my own point of view, caused me to have fewer questions where I would get stuck on, in contrast to when I found the forum here.

Articles, being challenged to think about ideas and beliefs, learning the differences between concepts that appear so similar were all things that drew me here. I guess unlike most I paid less attention to the relationship threads due to not having that many experiences with them myself though they have certainly shaped my view on them.

Marilyn Caylor

Silver Moon
I like to read through the content and learn, but not always (or I don't think I have ever) posted. I'm more of a passive learner, and I'm also a visual learner - so videos are more my cup of tea. I also enjoy listening to podcasts.

I'm interested in metaphysics, dowsing, spirituality, EFT, meditation, and law of attraction. I also like the "yearly theme" on here.

I'm not interested in learning about twin flame relationships, divine feminine, or anything along those lines.

I would like to see more about passive income, financial freedom, etc. That would probably get me involved on here.

Diana

Silver Moon
Hello all,
I have never written here yet I have read sometimes. The best it works for me to receive that list of new entries by email and choose from there what to read, depending on what I'm struggling with.

In terms of visuals I think there could be some improvements on the mobile user friendliness.

On content, I always love to read what Dr. Cha~Zay posts or answers, and oftentimes others responses can also be relieving. But many times answers are long and if the issue discussed is not really in my focus at that given time, I consider it is not relevant for me then, no matter how accurate.

So I guess that sometimes with so much content it is difficult to assess in a glimpse what is useful from what is not, at any given moment.

I function on the principle that the information which needs to reach person x will reach that person, no matter the structure of any forum etc.

Do continue this great community, of nothing else at least it helps to know these people are holding the space and a high vibration.

Warm regards,
Diana

Sergey Khorovodov

Silver Moon
Personally I couldn't give any advice, simply because I don't see how Core Freedom Community could be even better than it is now.

There are not a lot new posts, but that's due to the simple fact that here we talk about things that matter.

It is easy to get a myriad of posts, news and activity around something ego-based. This site is a different than 99.99% of the other forums you can find on the web and that's why I personally like it to begin with.

Speaking about the tech part, there is one thing I might suggest to be added.

Some websites have a live chat box. It might be actually an interesting feature to try to add to the site - sometimes you see someone online, but sending them a PM seems too "massive", or cumbersome. So having a public chat window might help to connect to people, greet them and send other kind of short messages (positive ones, hopefully).

Other than that, I of course always want to hear more podcasts :) Monthly live coaching sounds great too!

Ladyroses

Golden Sun (LT)
It's about time. I love changes because it gives us the opportunity to adapt. All the subjects posted in here are useful in many ways. My interests are always about spirituality and energy. A specific forum that teaches meditation might help :) Till then, I'm looking forward to the changes.

Liz Fulcher

Silver Moon
I'm glad to hear there will be a facelift and an update. When I joined a few months ago, I must admit the forum looked dated and tired. I would love to see more interactions on here, as well as be part of juicy topics like online courses, passive income, living a laptop lifestyle (mobile business) as well as EFT tapping and anything that is new and exciting in the life of Cha~zay! You are my inspiration lady!

Jenn

Golden Sun (LT)
Dr Cha~zay,

Whatever you decide to do, please don't remove the contents. Most of them maybe outdated, but for a student of life, nothing is outdated.

I am so looking forward to the new ideas with new facelifts on this forum/community. May love and bright light spread more throughout the Universe and within each of us.

Thank you for everything you do. xxx

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
I feel I have a lot to say os spirituality topics but my biggest challenge is to translate it into words. English isn't my first language but I would struggle even in my mother tongue. I am working on finding my own voice and it has been a slow process however it is bringing me a lot of certainty about my own self and my beliefs. I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin as I feel right now and I hope it is only going to get better.
Castanha, you are definitely in the right place. English is not my first language either and probably not of 80% of the our members. You'll fit right in. Feeling comfortable in your own skin will come - be patient and graceful with yourself. And we'll help along the way.

I haven't found my 'tribe' yet and struggle with that still so I'd love for Dr Cha-Zay to cover that topic.
My original inspiration to start this community was because I didn't feel at home when I moved back to my home country 6 years ago. I felt like a fish out water and a world collapsed for me, not feeling at home anywhere anymore at all. It was quite devastating in some ways and out of that desperation I created this "home away from home," so others who feel like strangers in their own home, with their own families, their own countries, can find a home here. I hope we can do this for you to, RainbowVision.

I'm also very interested in spirituality, and how to deal with difficult relationships (all kinds, including family and friends).
Marzipan, relationships are the spices of our life. Just like mashed potatoes would taste quite awful without salt and a few other delicious ingredients, life without friends and those we love (or hate), would be boring, uneventful, and certainly not help us expand. So yes, relationship topics will be a part of this forum but not the twin flame topic or other super heavy romance topics. We'll leave that up to other forums.

...I wish there was an index somewhere, with key words, if it's possible to organise, stating the category (posts, videos, podcasts...).
Rivendell, there is a search bar at the top right where you can enter a word and it should give you all of the topics with that word contained it. If you remember the author's name of the thread, you can also go to their member profile and go to their thread list. With the changes, however, there will be an extended search feature that is more accurate and will also bring up archived threads.

Furthermore, as I can read from the various posts, we often seem to refer to what is called "the Field" without ever mentioning it (maybe I'm wrong and haven't discovered it yet!), the way we shape our own reality and the link between information and energy, and this is a topic I'd like to see discussed.
Rivendell, yes to 'the field' of alchemy. Please note that I'm not that much interested in physical alchemy (turning water into wine or rocks into gold nuggets), but mental alchemy. There are lots of articles about this in the Golden Sun section but you're right, they need reorganization and reviving. And the forum needs lots more about this topic. Stay tuned.

I joined this community as it offers a real place to share, think, feel, without being judged. The posts are lively, the topics profound, and it's very easy to post something....My personal challenge is what I selected at the beginning of the year, and I'm still working on it and will be for a very long time I guess: opening my heart and speaking my heart.
Thank you for your validation of the community. You're right, this is a safe space, which is why I'm so tough on accepting new members. I've been called all kinds of names for rejecting applicants but to maintain the integrity and safety of this community I will go above and beyond as a "mama hen," as one member once called me. Your heart will open when you're ready to speak your mind. Be patient with your beautiful self.

Emoticons will stay! :thumbsup::love:

When I found this forum there were a lot of articles with a lot of information that taught me a lot. This has become less the past year thought it hasn't stopped me from learning. The way you interacted with us, promoting the self-awareness and not handing out answers on a silver platter but rather pointing towards the answer, has helped me to formulate the right questions if I'm looking for an answer. This in turn has also, from my own point of view, caused me to have fewer questions where I would get stuck on, in contrast to when I found the forum here.
As one of our 'oldest' (yet youngest) members here, Niek, you are such a joy to my heart. You totally got the purpose of not being handed spirituality on a silver platter, which can't be done anyways. But instead you placed your focus within and went to search for answers there. And you found them. You've grown so, so much these past six years. Like a proud Mama Bear I want to hug and tell you: "job well done!"

Thank you for being here and I promise to revive the forum as best as I can.

I like to read through the content and learn, but not always (or I don't think I have ever) posted. I'm more of a passive learner, and I'm also a visual learner - so videos are more my cup of tea. I also enjoy listening to podcasts. I'm interested in metaphysics, dowsing, spirituality, EFT, meditation, and law of attraction. I also like the "yearly theme" on here.
Thank you for letting me know, this part will stay for sure, Marilyn.

I'm not interested in learning about twin flame relationships, divine feminine, or anything along those lines.
They're not my cup of tea either, although divine feminine/masculine is a big part in mental alchemy and as a metaphysician and energy worker it's nearly impossible to talk about spiritual evolution without also talking about the divine feminine/masculine. I do find, however, that the majority of people who talk about these topics are not grounded and practical enough and are making it some airy fairy topic that makes most people serious about their true evolution yawn, rather than dig deep within. So hopefully I can keep these topics interesting enough for you.

I would like to see more about passive income, financial freedom, etc. That would probably get me involved on here.
More of these topics coming!

In terms of visuals I think there could be some improvements on the mobile user friendliness.
Yes, that will be one of the main focuses of the big changes ahead. Stay tuned, it'll be a few more weeks before 2.0 of this software comes out, then it's 'make-over' time and hopefully ya'all will love the new look and functionality.

Speaking about the tech part, there is one thing I might suggest to be added. Some websites have a live chat box. It might be actually an interesting feature to try to add to the site - sometimes you see someone online, but sending them a PM seems too "massive", or cumbersome. So having a public chat window might help to connect to people, greet them and send other kind of short messages (positive ones, hopefully).
We actually had this but it kept breaking. So I removed it. With the new look and upgraded software this should be possible again. Your wish is my command. If it's doable technologically, we shall have it.

Still earning to embrace changes in my life and see them as a positive and not a negative.
To switch from negativity to positivity is definitely close to the top of my list. Stay around, Ali, and absorb the good vibrations as much as you want. When you're "filled," you can give back to others.

It's about time....My interests are always about spirituality and energy. A specific forum that teaches meditation might help :) Till then, I'm looking forward to the changes.
It's so good to see you here, Rose! Yes to all you said.

When I joined a few months ago, I must admit the forum looked dated and tired. I would love to see more interactions on here, as well as be part of juicy topics like online courses, passive income, living a laptop lifestyle (mobile business) as well as EFT tapping and anything that is new and exciting in the life of Cha~zay! You are my inspiration lady!
You are my inspiration too, Liz. You are completely right and I will do my best to revive this community. Big love to you! :love:

Whatever you decide to do, please don't remove the contents. Most of them maybe outdated, but for a student of life, nothing is outdated.
Jenn, old content will stay. So no worries. Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you ALL for your invaluable input and your willingness to help shape this forum. This is YOUR community - make it whatever YOU want it to be. Let's help raise each others' vibration and call ourselves to be the loving people we know we can be.

Rivendell

Silver Moon
Your heart will open when you're ready to speak your mind. Be patient with your beautiful self.
Thank you Dr Cha-Zay, this goes straight to my heart, since I'm so often toiling with my mind, hesitating how far I can share from my oyster shell, wondering if (and if so, when) a pearl can be ready...

I'm looking forward for the upcoming changes, but wish the spirit remains the same! All my gratitude to each and everyone! :love:

IChoosePeace

Golden Sun (LT)
1. More involvement in discussions on the forum :)
2. I find the forum categories a bit confusing, If I am looking for something specific, it could easily be placed in several categories. I sometimes can't find a specific post/thread I am looking for. Maybe fewer categories and then the possibility to watch both all posts in a specific category at once AND watching only subcategory posts at once.
3. More forum activity. Are people holding back from posting? Not sure?
4. Addiction (sugar and cigarettes), difficulty processing emotions, productivity/getting things done/Integrity, time-management/structuring/execution of goals, and disempowerment.
5. Being motivated, inspired and empowered enough to make an effort/make changes in my life.
6. Again, not so much activity. I always look for forum conversations that really have depth to them, in the area of spirituality/emotion/personal development.
7. I'm not sure if it would be good, but I guess it could be nice with the option to respond directly to a specific post in a thread, so that the response shows up directly under the post that one is replying to. Or some sort of better overview?

Anyway, I enjoy being part of the forum. Its feels more private and safe to share vulnerably than other forums online, and I like that. :)

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Hello from me too!

I have seen this forum having periods when everything is very active, with lots of voices and lots of new topics, and other periods that people are away and not much is happening.
I guess this forum is as everything else in the universe: it has its cycles.

But the truth is that, Dr. Cha~Zay, when you appear in the forum, then it lights up!
People jump to say their opinion, express their gratitude, seek for some advise, take the topic a step further.
You are the Leader of this space here, and we all look up to you.
Me personally, I crave for your input and advise, and the information that you provide.

Looking forward to the changes!!!

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Awe, thank you so much for your kind words, Lina. I really appreciate knowing this.

To tell you the truth, the forum became so time consuming that sometimes I would spent 14-16 hours replying to threads but with little to no income for all the time spent. The first year this forum was on a donation basis and it made a whopping $28 in donations. The second year it made a little under $1,000 in donations. I couldn't live on either and paid my 'helpers' out of my own pocket. Clearly not the wisest business decision. Hence, my disappearance and turning to creating some passive income streams so I can hopefully revive this community.

However, knowing how much time it takes to respond to threads (and create them in the first place), the current payment structure is not going to allow for my presence in the same way as I did before. And that troubles me because I really want to be here, read every post and respond to everyone. Sadly, now I have over 22K students (in addition to the members here), one-on-one clients and this most precious commodity called TIME is ticking whether I'm here or not.

I'm trying to find the perfect solution for everyone but I'm not sure yet what the right solution is.

Everyone tells me to create a monthly membership fee but I have tried to avoid that because it feels so much like a shackle to do that. It's an energetic tie that ties people to this community (and me) and that just feels off somehow (although business wise it makes sense). Yes, I'm creating new content and it would warrant a monthly fee. But I also have to create new courses, which creates the cundundrum of not having enough time.

And now I sound like I'm whining... :laugh:

I'm really not sure what to do so I can spend more time here. But I also know that where there is a will there is a way.

As I'm planning out these things, I will post a more official thread about this and ask everyone for their input. Then we shall see where we will go.

PS: Those who are Golden Sun Lifetime members will remain grandfathered into the new Golden Sun forums. :love:

Ava

Golden Sun (LT)
Peace to all!

I have benefited from this forum and from you Dr. Cha~Zay, greatly as a result of this forum and your work - I have also been a very inactive participant in the last few years. During my initial awakening, this was a cozy nook of comfort and I will forever be grateful for this space that has been provided, the answers that I have found (and continue to find), and most of all the continuing evolution of my soul. I can't thank you enough Dr. Cha~Zay! :) I love listening to podcasts, reading the articles and taking your courses. They always come in divine timing and are greatly appreciated!

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
It's about time. I love changes because it gives us the opportunity to adapt. All the subjects posted in here are useful in many ways. My interests are always about spirituality and energy. A specific forum that teaches meditation might help :) Till then, I'm looking forward to the changes.
Second this idea...altho I am not sure how a meditation forum would look like ...it sounds innovative haha. I look forward to seeing more topics or ideas related to meditation & contemplation.

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
Hi! I didn’t really know where to put this question, but how do I change my name here in the forum, is it possible? Looked around and couldn’t find it.. Thanks!

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Hi Andrea, names can't be changed automatically but you can submit a request to our admin (Kendra) and she will change it for you. Just click the "contact us" link and send her your current name and new name.