Academy

Administrator
Membership Sites - How
To Create an Online Community or Forum

Learn how to run your own, niche based social networking site.

Have you ever dreamed of creating and running your own online community or forum?

Are you passionate about a specific topic and want to share it with the rest of the world?

Then creating your own online community or forum is for you.

ENROLL NOW
This course will teach you the following:

• You will learn the difference between general social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and your own niche-based online community or forum.
  • You will learn about software available to create your own online community or forum.
  • We will cover commitment level and technology needed to start, build and sustain an online community or forum that will attract your target audience.
  • I will show you my own online community's back office and what it takes as the forum creator and admin to maintain your own online community.
  • If you love typing, building community, communicating with a global audience, then learning how to run an online community from anywhere on the planet is for you.

Join us today!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ENROLL

We will cover free and paid forum software but it is highly recommended that you invest in a professional community software rather than the free options out there.

WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR

• This course is for anyone who has a passion for a particular topic.
  • This course is for anyone who has ever dreamt of bringing together a worldwide audience of like-minds.
  • This course is for anyone who loves to type and get into conversation with people from all walks of life.

AT THE END OF THIS COURSE STUDENTS WILL KNOW THE FOLLOWING

You will know if running an online community or forum is for you.

You will know what a community software back office looks like to see if you want to take on this challenge or have the resources to hire someone to help you with the setup and maintenance of your community.

You will see dozens of forum and community samples and looks to help give you ideas for your own community.

You will know the various types of community software platforms available to you, their cost and your involvement in running a community forum.

You will get ideas of how you may want to structure your own online community and how you want to charge for your membership.

Find out more!

5_star_ratig,_124x46.jpg
"She is such a great teacher: clear, informative, relatable."
- Summyr Bernard

ENROLL NOW

Liz Fulcher

Silver Moon
Hi Chazay, I purchased this course about a year ago. Since then, you have updated this community site. Will you be updating the course material to reflect anything new that you have learned since revamping this community?

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Hi Liz, great question. The answer is: eventually.

I'm about 2 years behind (exaggerated) on my course launch schedule and I've been trying to figure out a way to integrate the community with a one-sign-on function, rather than people needing two logins (one for the academy and one for here). It's a technical nightmare and requires much thought, individual pieces, technical rock stars and financial outlay, because it's not as easy as 1-2-3 to putting it together.

When it's done, each of the courses will have their own discussion forums with students having access to these areas.

It's a long term plan and so right now it's premature to update the course with this update because it may have to change again depending on what technical "can of worms" we may discover along the way.

I hope this satisfies your answer for now.

How are you doing with your own courses? Did you ever start your own community?