Podcast 030: Why So Many People Lack Ethics and Integrity

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Are You an Ethical Person?
Is Integrity One of Your Life's Foundations?

Countless books have been written about ethics and integrity. And yet we encounter very few people who are truly ethical, while living their lives based on integrity. It seems as though everywhere we turn we see governments, corporations, police forces and our very own friends, that lack ethics and integrity. Corruption seems to be more the theme than ethics and integrity are.

I saw a post once that read: "Why is it so hard to trust people? The real questions is, why is it so hard to tell the truth."

You may be inclined to say "yes." Hold your horses!

Listen to this podcast where I'll cover 10 simple and every-day occurrences that we all deal with at one point or another, and test yourself against these situations.

I'll give you a hint: integrity is doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing, especially when no one is watching.

In our next podcast we'll be talking about lies. Flat-out lies, white lies, lies of omission, and when it's okay or not okay to lie. These two podcasts tie together like two matching gloves.

Listen to today's podcast below. Remember to call in your questions HERE.

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
I just listened to podcasts 30 & 31 both are very thought provoking; made me think about what should matter to me at the end of the day. And I recalled a post I read on internet about an interview with an elderly in a caring home. His top regret of dying is that he should have taken himself less seriously and be kinder to other people. It's still very challenging to do the right things even though I may regret later not to do it. I am summoning up more courage from the podcasts and from myself and look forward to a positive change. :geek:

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
You're on the right track, Jeannie. Because you're listening to others and their regrets. Not that they will be your regrets, but you're open to hearing that people do come to the end of their lives and have regrets. The one about kindness seems to be a Universal regret that most people have.

Kindness is love in action!

We can never be kind enough. If we all woke up with that quality, exercised it throughout our day and then went to bed with kindness in our hearts, the world would be a wonderful place for all living beings.

Mary Ann

Silver Moon
True, after I was heart broken so hard, I started to be different to other people. I've never trusted people and I was afraid of being mistreated, insulted or hurt.I even developed social phobia. After this heartbreak I've started to be kind to strangers, I smile to them from heart and always saying thank you. Everything changed, I was surprised that this pain that I still have brought that to me. Kindness to people.