Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Hello beautiful members!!!

I saw this video a little while ago, and I just had to share it here.
It is a compilation of videos from 4 individuals, common every day people, that did separately the "rice experiment" to see the results for themselves.

What is the "rice experiment"?
It is based on Dr. Emoto's study on how feelings affect the water.
The same principle is applied to cooked rice.
This technique doesn't require microscopes and special equipment, and everyone can check and see for themselves:
The rice is boiled, and then divided into 3 (or 2) equal parts and put into similar sealed containers.
Papers with various positive or negative words are placed on the containers, and the person that does the experiment projects at least once a day the equivalent feeling to the rice: I love you, Thank you, or I hate you, Die etc., or even ignore it completely.

See for yourselves the results!!!

****** Since the video was no longer available in Youtube, I replaced it with another one. It really makes no difference which one will be uploaded, all of them have more or less the same outcome*********

Last edited:

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
This is a great experiment to try with your children. I did when my daughter was 7 and she learned a beautiful lesson. I've posted about it a few years ago. Wonderful post, Lina.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Oh, so you did it yourself !!! Did you get similar results???
Where is the post??? I'll try to find it.

I'm really looking forward to do it myself, although I don't feel good speaking bad words to the rice!
What did it ever do to me? :eek:
I think I will have 2 pots: one to which I will speak kind words, and one that I will ignore.

Speaking of which, did you notice that the ignored rice turned the worse from all?
There is an important piece of information here:
Focused energy (good or bad) is key. It makes things done.

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Yes, I actually did the rice experiment when my daughter was 7 years old. So this was about 15 years ago and neither of us have forgotten the results.

We cooked white rice and divided it into 3 glass containers. We did as Dr. Masuru suggested - ignored the one, loved the other and hated the third. The one we ignored was affected first and the overall affect for the one being ignored was worse than that of the one we said "I hate you" to. In fact, I remember within just a day or two the rice turned strangely red. I remember getting mad at my daughter thinking she opened it and had put raspberry jam or something in it. But she swore that she hadn't opened the container as she was instructed. I didn't believe her because clearly, there was red something in the rice and I couldn't figure out how else it got there. I felt really bad about that later when the "I hate you" rice turned red also. Then the "I hate you" rice turned black and mildewy and the "ignored" rice eventually did too.

Both my daughter and I learned that being ignored is a much worse punishment for people because nothing makes them feel hated more than when they feel like they don't matter. I often think about this today when I walk past a homeless person asking for money. I don't want to give them money, I'd rather bring them a warm cup of coffee or some breakfast, but most of all, I really don't like ignoring them and just walking by. I must at least somehow acknowledge them, even if I just smile or say "hi."

At least with "I hate you" people get some attention. Which is probably also why bullies act up. Bad behavior gets bad attention, which is more than the child gets that is being ignored all together, especially by parents who are too busy with their cell phones, their computers, their work and their TVs. If parents only knew the damage they do to their children!

The thing that is so remarkable about saying "I hate you" to rice is that you don't really mean it and you don't really hate the rice. They're just words. And yet they have a most horrendous affect, as proof shows. So imagine how much more powerful the words "I hate you" are when they are actually meant. Dr. Emoto Masuru did not measure this because I'm not sure how one would measure the words with the actual feeling behind it. But let it suffice that it must be quite awful.

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
I am curious to what extent is the "ignorance" we have done on the daily basis..as most of us consider ourselves harmless but also do not want to be exposed to negative news/pictures...? For example, many don't want to see images of animal abuse, refugees, etc on their FB walls. Would you consider such as ignorance (and are the effects worse than the cruelty itself?)

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
I'll do this and see if I can post the results!

I was just thinking about Cha~zay telling me a while ago to do this experiment and to watch everything by Cleve Backster and Dr. Emoto (as I was typing Emoto into my phone, "Emotions" came up in auto -correct.)

I got the reminders! :rolleyes: Thanks, Lina!

Last edited:

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Ok you guys!!!

Here is my own take on The Great Rice Experiment !

See for yourselves the outcome.
It is pretty astonishing.

It doesn't show clearly in the photos, but the "ignored" one went bad very quickly.
Not as quickly as the "hated" one, and certainly not to that extent.
But it developed a slimy white coat early on, which was increasing slowly and steadily.
The "hated" one...... I have no words.
The "loved" one remained white and fluffy for a very long time, without any bad smell too. It started deteriorating towards the end of the experiment, around day 45 or so.

Seriously, my world was rocked.
It's one thing seeing other people doing it and talking about it, and a totally other thing doing it yourself and knowing.

I urge everybody to do it yourselves, and let's talk about it.

I attach all the progress photos, till the end.

20180130_155110.jpgDay 1.jpgDay 11.jpgDay 18.jpgDay 53.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Oh my goodness, these results are phenomenal! Would you mind if I used your story/pictures to show my students - with credit to you of course.

I did this experiment when my daughter was 7, she is almost 25 now. I did it because she was going through a tough time in a new school where these words were thrown around like it didn't mean anything. It changed her forever too.

Our results were different. The "ignored" one got red dots in it very quickly. It remember thinking that I was mad at my daughter thinking that she put strawberry jam in it or something. My instructions were very clear not to open the containers, so I was surprised to see the red dots.

The "love" one stayed fresh looking for weeks and didn't seem to be affected at all.

After several months of this the "hate" one was the worst, but the "ignored" one was just as bad.

We did the following. We didn't use any butter or salt when cooking the rice. We let it cool off before putting on the tops. We used mason jars that you would use for jam but put clear wrap and a paper towel above, but underneath the metal tops so not to create any chemical reaction with the aluminum tops and the rising moisture from the deteriorating rise. We put the "ignored" one in a corner and didn't touch it, look at it or talk to it. It was ignored on all levels.

The "hate" and "love" ones were picked up daily and talked to. The "hate" one got "I hate you" and the "love" one got "I love you." We put some feeling into both.

We both did this exercise twice daily (morning and evening) and saw results within 2-3 days at the start. The "hate" jar looked pretty bad after the first 7-10 days, as did the "ignore" jar.

Life changing for sure. I recommend anyone doing this exercise, especially those with children!

Thank you, Lina, for doing this exercise and posting your results!

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
By all means you can use the photos and the story!!!

Yes, it is amazing.
And once you fully grasp what this means.... really get it, then you are an altered person forever.

What is also worth mentioning in my experiment, is that I initially put the intention to the "hated" one and the "loved" one, and that's it.
I didn't do anything else after that.
I know that people spend a couple of minutes every day projecting each emotion to the rice, but I was bored to do that.
So what you see is just the minimum effect of one single initial intention.

How about that?
This tells me that you anchor your intention in, you and set it "loud" and clear, and then it just works and works, and keeps on working.

And now I remember what you say Dr. Cha Zay, that "intentions permeate space and time".
Yes, they do.
They really do.

Last edited:

Dr. Cha~zay

Forum Creator and Mentor
Forum Creator
Well stated, Lina! I'm so glad you have first-hand experience in this. And how wonderful that you just placed the intention there for it to fester or nourish and it showed its effect ongoing. Wow, what power.

If people only knew that their thoughts against their body, "oh how fat I am, how ugly I am, how this or that," that these self-loathing thoughts do permeate time and space and it's only a matter of time until the outward signs show deteriorating and a break down of the total system.

Thank you for doing this for us!

Jeannie

Golden Sun (LT)
Ok you guys!!!

Here is my own take on The Great Rice Experiment !

See for yourselves the outcome.
It is pretty astonishing.

It doesn't show clearly in the photos, but the "ignored" one went bad very quickly.
Not as quickly as the "hated" one, and certainly not to that extent.
But it developed a slimy white coat early on, which was increasing slowly and steadily.
The "hated" one...... I have no words.
The "loved" one remained white and fluffy for a very long time, without any bad smell too. It started deteriorating towards the end of the experiment, around day 45 or so.

Seriously, my world was rocked.
It's one thing seeing other people doing it and talking about it, and a totally other thing doing it yourself and knowing.

I urge everybody to do it yourselves, and let's talk about it.

I attach all the progress photos, till the end.

View attachment 1853View attachment 1854View attachment 1855View attachment 1856View attachment 1857
Thank you for sharing Lina, These photos are cool!
It's interesting to see that rice are so susceptible...but food containers are not.
Our bodies may be susceptible too...What about our souls? Do our soul change forms (if there is any) by the thoughts?

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
Try it again above or here:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160369719085364&id=830020363

I misread your question.
Let's break it down a bit.
If a thought is attached to and focused on, then it can change your soul. Not all of it, but a part of it.
Our souls can very much be changed!
Like our hair or energy, it's constantly moving and growing without our control mostly. (Wondering about this.)
How we can tend to our soul is by being aware of ourselves. I've given up on trying to be perfect so I don't harm, as there's no such thing. But acceptance and love make a huge difference.
Still learning. Always.

Last edited:

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Sure Allyria, you can.
And thank you for asking.

Whatever it takes to spread the message.

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Daughter and I started our rice experiment tonight! So excited to see it progressing. Will post pictures as it goes. Thank you Lina!

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Day 10. Love rice and Hate rice are the same. But the ignored rice ...image.jpg

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Cassiana can you please try again uploading the photo?
It doesn't open.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Amazing!!!!

See guys? Every time, same result.

Let's start being more attentive to the way we think and feel.
We have a very real responsibility to the World.