Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Lately I am preoccupied with the following thought:

How constantly, day in - day out, we do necessarily and constantly the same things.
Take a shower, wash our hair, color the roots (for some of us!), clip the nails, shave the legs, brush the teeth, pluck the eyebrows (again, for some of us :)), wash the dishes, wash the clothes, wash the car, put fuel in the car, eat, drink, charge the phone, charge any device, clean the house, make the bed.
And then do all of these again. And again. And again. And again. Till Kingdom come.

It is crazy how much time, effort and energy we are spending on a daily basis in just the Maintenance of things.
This is an entropic universe, which means that things (matter) go always from a state of order to a state of disorder.
And there's no escaping this.

It must be such a bliss when you have shed this body and you are being in a state of pure consciousness (aka pure energy which cannot be destroyed).

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Oh!
Are you feeling tired Lina? Overwhelmed? What you said is exactly how I feel when everything becomes too much for me, when I need to slow down.
I am just hearing Eckhart Tolle saying how life turns much more beautiful when we appreciate everything we are doing in each moment and hold our presence in it...in the simplicity of just THIS.
"becoming like little children" as Jesus said, being in the space, not defining or judging anything...
Thought distracts us from the aliveness of the moment

Apparently being in a state of pure bliss is kind of 'boring' and that is why we came to play ;) (Ekhart Tolle didn't say this, heard somewhere else, don't remember where)

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Ah, and we are not here for that long!
Visits to the cemetery are recommended and then we look at the dates on the gravestones and think about our problems and realise it is really not that important... nothing really matters...
The contemplation of impermanence.

Myself

Golden Sun (LT)
things (matter) go always from a state of order to a state of disorder.
Likewise, states of disorder move towards states of order.

Ordo ab chao, chao ab ordo

Its a natural state of life. A tree that dies springs forth new life, life that thrives ends life that isn't thriving.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Are you feeling tired Lina? Overwhelmed?
Well, look at that!
I hadn't though about it this way.
Maybe I am indeed.
Thank you for the valuable insight.

And..........
The contemplation of impermanence.
"The contemplation of the impermanence"?
How awesome was that?!!!
Over cigars and brandy of course.
Hats off Cassiana, hats off.

Niek my man, my copilot...
states of disorder move towards states of order
Technically... no.
Otherwise a broken glass would return to being unbroken again.
Disorder to order doesn't happen. Entropy is a one way street.
Order however is being created all the time, but that's another thing.
Yes, of course I know what you mean, the perpetual cycle of creation.
And eloquently stated in the below:
life that thrives ends life that isn't thriving.
Hats off to you too :thumbsup:

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
And please allow me to go back to this:
Apparently being in a state of pure bliss is kind of 'boring' and that is why we came to play
I don't think that's the case.
I'm not saying that because I have some kind of rememberance, but my logic says so.

If you say that something is "boring" (or "pretty", or "exciting" or "white" or whatever), you only say so because you compare it with something else.
And when you compare, this means that you have different things or states in front of you, so that comparison can even take place.
Hence, separation. hence the world of duality that we are living in.
When we leave this dualistic plane and move to the all-is-one plane -which I presume is apprehended by consciousness and not logic-, then nothing can possibly be "boring".
Or pretty.
Or white.

Myself

Golden Sun (LT)
Otherwise a broken glass would return to being unbroken again.
Without help, the broken glass will stay broken but...if you gather the pieces and melt them, you can choose to remake the glass that was broken or to transform it into something new, like a carafe.

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
Or constantly have to use the bathroom, find food, eat, poop it out.
I wonder about it, too. Is it some kind of programming that can remind us about cycles? We keep going through these cycles on a miniature to a grander scale each day.

I think when we shed this body, not everyone will be in bliss. We may be pure energy, but at what state?

Entropy is interesting. Since energy cannot be destroyed, just transformed, it does seem like there will be creation happening alongside destruction. Duality, right? One side of the same coin.

It seems like we are not yet at a state of pure energy, at least in this plane. Until then, we have to do the work however mundane or basic. Yeah, it gets boring and annoying to have to do the laundry, clean my house, again. Maybe it's all part of the meditation practice called life.

Those people meditating in caves without taking food or water for long amounts of time, or so I heard, might be wondering why their thoughts go in circles, like their breath.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Those people meditating in caves without taking food or water for long amounts of time, or so I heard, might be wondering why their thoughts go in circles
Very interesting thought!
So, what you are saying, is that they might not have these maintenance things to bother them, but since they too are living in this world, they have to -by default, by law- go round around this circles' "ritual".
No washing machine, no car, no clothes, no food.... what's left?
Their own thoughts.
Their thoughts and breath go in circles then, and they are participating in that and are observing that.

Or, the other way around, every time I brush my teeth, it's a meditation on a smaller scale.

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
That's it, @Lina. You got my drift. Life is full of cycles, and we can use them like meditative practices or not.
From miniature cycles of molecules rotating around each other, to cell turnovers, to the planets cycling around us -- what is it all for?
I keep remembering that Gandhi quote, "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it."
That's not what (my) ego wants to hear.

Another aspect is these little chores are the nuts and bolts that keep the building, your life, together. I have to function in this body suit, and what it needs is still at a rudimentary level. It keeps us grounded, literally.

Fun topic.

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
Interesting thread :)

things (matter) go always from a state of order to a state of disorder
I think that's also from a limited human perspective and perception of what "order" is. If you leave a forest without any human maintainance for example it will still be in perfect order :)

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
Apparently being in a state of pure bliss is kind of 'boring' and that is why we came to play ;) (Ekhart Tolle didn't say this, heard somewhere else, don't remember where)
I think this is from Abraham Hicks, I've heard something similar from them.

And it kind of makes sense to me, if you see it in the way that expansion is the big game/goal/whatever word to call it. The constant expansion to include more and more in the Oneness. I see such a clear picture of this but it's hard to put into words. The center is always still, and always in balance, always encompasses all. The movement is outside, and always in motion, always expanding, adding new life and new experiences all the time. The paradox :D

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
I think that's also from a limited human perspective and perception of what "order" is. If you leave a forest without any human maintainance for example it will still be in perfect order
Actually it is not limited human perspective.
It is physics and how the universe works.
All of us (our bodies) are on our way to death. Plants too. Animals too. The Sun too. The galaxies too.
The objects around us get old, rusty, worn out.
This is entropy.
You don;t see things getting younger and newer, You see them getting older.

Entropy is the general trend of the universe toward death and disorder.

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
I see what you're saying. But that really sounds like only half of the truth?

Everytime something goes out of existance, something else comes into existance.

Like Allyria said as well:

Since energy cannot be destroyed, just transformed, it does seem like there will be creation happening alongside destruction.
Both of them HAVE to happen all the time.

Otherwise the forest and the world and all beings and everything would have been dead and destroyed a long time ago?

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
But of course.
Nobody said the opposite.

The T-shirt that you are wearing now is disintegrating little by little.
With time it will be faded, torn, will have a couple of holes.
At the same time, someone at a factory is making a new T-shirt.
That T-shirt too, from the moment that is created, is on its way to its gradual disintegration.

Matter is being created all the time, no question about it. But from the moment that it's been created, it marches towards its decomposition.
Wherever we lay our eyes on, whatever we see, is on its way to its end.

Relationships included :)
(that was an optimistic twist, a gift from me to all of you :))

My point is that, since entropy is a one way street, and this is how this universe is working, we are caught in this downhill function of things spending a great deal of time into maintenance. Like chasing our tails.
While at the same time trying to make a living, trying to make a sense of it all, trying to do the actual "work" for which we came into this life.
In a bizarro world we would all be Benjamin Buttons, where the bed would make itself, our bodies would be magically clean, and the batteries would be full.
Of all the parallel universes, we had to land to this one :D

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
I don't know, it's like I hear what you are saying, but I just can't buy into/relate to that world view...

When I think of/feel into the world right now I just get this growing thriving feeling, like little green plant shoots coming out of the ground :)

And when I read what you're writing there's this grey and hopeless flavor, it doesn't match and I'm not sure how to respond to it..

Think I'm in too good a place to relate right now, but I've also for a long time stopped doing pretty much all maintenance activities that I didn't enjoy. Maybe you could try that too?

Or try to find the joy in the ones you feel you have to do?

Hope I'm not to annoying feeling as good as I do! Have been in other places too for sure in the past, and know that it's not always as easy as that.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Does this feel "grey" to you? That it has a "hopeless flavor"?
To me not at all.
I see both ends as equal.

We live in Lego Land. There is a certain amount of building blocks in the universe.
Which means that in order for something to be created, something must be destroyed.
And vice versa, the moment something is destroyed, something is being created.
That's another law of the Universe, the homeostasis. The dynamic state of equilibrium.

Destruction = Creation
Seen the other way around:
Creation = Destruction

Nothing grey about that.
Just natural.

And my mood is just fine, I assure you.
I'm just bored to do all these things continuously, knowing that I will do them again tomorrow.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Maybe if you find a little bit more of appreciation?

Doing my bed for example: I had been a homeless and there were two occasions where I didn't know where I was going to sleep. I never been in the streets because I have a child so the law doesn't allow that, but there has been the hostel, the bed and breakfast and the temporary accommodation always sharing a tiny room with my daughter sometimes sharing a bed, sometimes having my own. The feeling of appreciation I get each time I make, unmake, lie on or even just look at my new double bed, in my big bedroom in my new little house just make me so grateful!

Maybe, every time you feel bored of a task or get that sense of it being pointless, try to imagine how the negative opposite could be ... or try to see the bright /positive / advantageous side of why you are doing it. If you are still dissatisfied, go do something else if you can, something that will bring joy straight away.

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
Good points.

Or, boredom is okay too. It too is passing. I"M SO EXCITED TO CLEAN MY HOUSE!! I HAVE AN AWESOME HOUSE... TOILET...etc.

For word people: I found this interesting site about the names for theories of antonyms for entropy. I haven't read them all in detail, but posting it here in case anyone is interested. That demon theory at the top, though....it's from the mid-1800s and still believed today. http://www.eoht.info/page/Negentropy

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
Mundane activities exist among the fun ones. That's an interesting way to look at the yin-yang, balance of life, infinity symbol -- inspiring activities on one side! -- picking my nose on the other.

Now switch. So glad to clean my home, body, & clothes because I loathe living in filth and disorganization. Typically fun activities like traveling and exploring can also be a drag because sometimes all you may want to do is sleep or wash my dirty clothes. Ha.

People are weird. :)

Allyria Lai

Golden Sun (LT)
Oh, and what about what Cha~zay shared in a recent email?
She wrote, "These viewpoints and longings are just misunderstandings and lack of comprehending that everything always tries to become its opposite.

• Heat always strives to become cold. If you doubt that, meditate while looking at a flame in the dark.
  • Cold always strives to become hot. If you doubt that, look at an ice cube floating in a glass of water until it's gone.
  • Dark always strives to become light. If you doubt that, get up and watch night turn into day time (and visa versa).
The same rhythmic balanced interchanging motion of opposites applies to us.

• The masculine within you is always striving to become the feminine within you.
  • And the feminine in you is always longing to become the masculine within you.
We could peel the layers back infinitely of how opposites are constantly longing to become their own opposites."

Interesting new law to ponder.
It explains a lot, like why there's so much constant change.

And we're in Libra now, the scales of balancing, weighing, and duality (?).
(Argh, my sun sign is in Libra.)

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
Maybe if you find a little bit more of appreciation?
Yes, yes, yes, to both of you Cassiana and Allyria.
I was thinking about that yesterday night actually.

The gratitude element.
The only reason why I have to clean the car, is because I have a car.
The only reason why I take a shower every day, is because I have running hot water available at all times.
The only reason why I charge my phone every day, is because I can afford having a phone and paying for the bill.

Ah!
So nice!!
Problem solved :D

On a side note, have you guys noticed that whatever we are talking about, has its roots in a (small) bunch of basic things?
Everything can be traced down to gratitude, forgiveness, love, compassion, appreciation, trust (and a couple more things).
It seems that if we focus on these vibrations only, without any particular reason, then things make sense and fall into place.

Last edited:

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
Mundane activities exist among the fun ones. That's an interesting way to look at the yin-yang, balance of life, infinity symbol -- inspiring activities on one side! -- picking my nose on the other.

Now switch. So glad to clean my home, body, & clothes because I loathe living in filth and disorganization. Typically fun activities like traveling and exploring can also be a drag because sometimes all you may want to do is sleep or wash my dirty clothes. Ha.

People are weird. :)
YES! I like those tasks too, to me it feels like self care and an opportunity to create some beauty. I love washing the dishes

Cassiana

Golden Sun (LT)
The only reason why I have to clean the car, is because I have a car. And you are physically and mentally capable of driving the car plus you passed your driving test. You can afford the gas to take the car out and make it dirty. You have places to go to.
The only reason why I take a shower every day, is because I have running hot water available at all times. And you aren't bound to a bed or wheel chair having to rely on other's help to get washed....And don't you feel sooooo much better after a shower? Remember: your favourite songs sound much better in the bathroom!
The only reason why I charge my phone every day, is because I can afford having a phone and paying for the bill. And you have people to interact with!

Andrea

Golden Sun (LT)
But gratitude also has to come from the inside, and can't be forced...

It's the worst feeling ever when you know you "SHOULD" be grateful for something but can't connect with the feeling. I've had that a lot before, and even felt a trace of it when I read the list here above.. Now I just really notice when I naturally feel the feeling of gratitude come up and feel happy that it did.

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
It's the worst feeling ever when you know you "SHOULD" be grateful for something but can't connect with the feeling
Yes, this is indeed hard.
It takes enormous courage ("courage" is the right word here? I'm not really sure..), when you are facing big big challenges, to stop and appreciate other things and focus on that, when what you really want to shout out loud is "Are you f***ing kidding me?"

Myself

Golden Sun (LT)
Yes, this is indeed hard.
It takes enormous courage ("courage" is the right word here? I'm not really sure..), when you are facing big big challenges, to stop and appreciate other things and focus on that, when what you really want to shout out loud is "Are you f***ing kidding me?"
Yet it is good to shout it out loud. Well, maybe not always when you're in the middle of a crowd.

When I'm stuck and to the point where I can't make sense of it and the ranting starts, it also unties itself, because the energy that was stuck is then being released, or rather, it's given a different direction. It merely depends on the challenge, does it require the handbrake or does it require a slight change of direction?

Lina21

Golden Sun (LT)
It merely depends on the challenge, does it require the handbrake or does it require a slight change of direction?
Good points for all of us to remember for any future reference.
(this also makes a good new post, if I may add...)

It's the worst feeling ever when you know you "SHOULD" be grateful for something but can't connect with the feeling. I've had that a lot before, and even felt a trace of it when I read the list here above.
I saw yesterday Michael Moore's documentary "Where to invade next", in which he visits different countries and gets good ideas that he could bring back to the USA to be implemented.
Like paid vacation, free education, police that are protecting the human dignity, prisons that teach the inmates how to integrate to the society when their sentence will be over, established women's rights etc.
At the same time he is showing short clips from security cameras or TV archives of what is happening in the USA in those respective fields, which are extremely distressing.

What's my point and why am I saying this?

Every night I sleep in gratitude.
I list all the things for which I am grateful, and this is how I fall asleep every night.
It is the most warming, calming and yet exhilarating vibration.
Yesterday night, I went to bed and started my usual gratitude practice, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to tune into it.
Impossible I'm telling you. I tried, and tried, and tried, and then I gave up.
My mind was filled with all those distressing images from the documentary, and it was as if I had taken a plunge down the scale of vibration altogether, and couldn't get up.

I'm writing it here, because maybe it gives answers to somebody, regarding the difficulty (when it appears) to feel gratitude.

Generally I am protecting very much my mind about what kind of information will enter.
I don't watch TV at all, I don't watch crime, war or horror movies, I avoid seeing or being exposed to violence at all cost etc.
I know that all of this is out there, but I choose not to be a part of it, or give it attention (aka power)
But it just happened yesterday and I saw this documentary, and........ flop.

Cutting the negative feed, will work wonders.

P.S.
Hoping you get through the challenges with ease and grace! ❤
Thank you Andrea, very sweet of you.
I am blessed currently to not face any challenges, but I will keep your 'prayer' (since prayers transcend space-time) for the future challenges that will come for sure.
:love:

Janet

Golden Sun (LT)
Oh!
Are you feeling tired Lina? Overwhelmed? What you said is exactly how I feel when everything becomes too much for me, when I need to slow down.
I am just hearing Eckhart Tolle saying how life turns much more beautiful when we appreciate everything we are doing in each moment and hold our presence in it...in the simplicity of just THIS.
"becoming like little children" as Jesus said, being in the space, not defining or judging anything...
Thought distracts us from the aliveness of the moment

Yes, being and not necessarily doing is what might be called for, not that I do that much of being in the first place. We also preoccupy ourselves with worry. Worrying about how much we have to do, have to do this, that and other things. Perhaps doing what others expect, the collective consciousness - telling us how immaculate we must keep ourselves and our dwellings. I know that my dwelling - i just can't keep up with it. i used to do it and found that constantly picking up after a partner that didn't give a hoot and used me as their maid left me with no desire to do all that stuff. i do when I can, when inspired.