Pay It Forward Ideas – How We Give Back
Here at Core Freedom we believe in the Pay It Forward principle. Giving with a heart of gratitude and because we have so much that we can’t help but overflow the excess to those who need some extra support – imagine if every person and business adopted this principle. It is a natural principle after all, humanity is just a bit slow in catching on.
On this page we will share what Dr. Cha~zay does to ‘overflow’ her abundance and allowing her energy to support others. Perhaps this page will spur some great ideas for your own life and business.
“True giving is allowing one’s energy to overflow to enrich those around us, without the expectation or hope to receive anything back.” Dr. Cha~zay
How We Pay It Forward – Some Ideas
Pay it Forward Idea #1 – Create a Fund
- Pay it forward by creating a fund where you put 10% of your own earnings into it for others; use this fund provide discounts and scholarships to those who can’t afford your services (keep a waiting list)
Pay it Forward Idea #2 – Give Discounts
- You can also pay it forward when creating workshops, get creative and decide to give 10% of the seats away for free to those who qualify (take the funds from your own 10% dedicated to those who need some extra help).
Pay it Forward Idea #3 – Take Donations
- Let others pay it forward by giving them an opportunity! Add a “donation” button to your website where you can get others involved and let them give a gift of getting a session with you or one of your products. If you’re concerned about tax deductions, create an actual non-profit company.
Pay it Forward Idea #4 – Clients Choose the Price
- Another pay it forward tactic is giving products away by letting your clients choose what they pay. Note: I have tried this and while the majority of people will give nothing to very little, once in a while you get the super generous person who makes up for the difference.
Pay it Forward Idea #5 – Support Entrepreneurship
- Invest in Entrepreneurship! We use Kiva. You’ve heard of the saying that it is better to teach a man how to fish than just giving him a fish. We support this strategy and so does Kiva. More about Kiva below.
Pay it Forward Idea #6 – Support Mama Gaia
- Pay it forward to our mother Earth. Plant a tree, go digital, recycle!
Pay it Forward Idea #7 – Create Tiered Pricing
- Our newest pay it forward test has been to offer people a choice of a 3-payment option based on what they can afford (check our own products on how we do this). For example, the product at its full price may cost $97. You can offer the same product for $87 for those that struggle to afford the full $97. The third option is to let them choose the $77 payment option (for those who need a lot of help). Of course, these are just ideas. Make sure you give people who pay full price an extra bonus. You can call the 3 levels something like this: “I want the whole Enchilada and gladly take the bonus.” Second level would be: “I’d love to get it all but I need a bit of help.” And the last level could say: “This is the best I can do for now.” I chose this particular pay it forward system to see which would perform better (giving them completely free reign and let them set their own price or giving them three prices to choose from). People have not yet learned that money is a means of energy exchange. They feel that if they pay a dollar that is really worth $100 is a great steal, when in fact all they get out of the program is literally $1 dollar’s worth. What people put in is what they will get out, it’s as simple as that. So it’s not surprising that almost no one takes the middle option and between the “needing a lot of help” and the “I want it all” there is about a 50/50 ratio. And sales have not dropped. This really works. Most of all, you not only pay it forward to them but you empower people to make an investment in themselves by choosing their own amount.
Let’s Do This Together!
Pay It Forward to Kiva
Pay it Forward with Loans That Support Micro-Entrepreneurship to Those Less Fortunate
One Kiva Pay It Forward Sample Story
How Kiva Works
Who would have thought that you could pay it forward with $25 and then cycle the same $25 through countless other entrepreneurs who are just waiting for you to pay it forward to them!?
Kiva is brilliant!
I’m glad you asked. As she does well in her business she pays her bank back, who replenishes the investors’ Kiva accounts accordingly. In other words, as she pays her loan back, she, via the bank, returns the $25 into my account so I can go out and support someone else with the same $25.
Do you know how flippin’ powerful this is!?
The same $25 that originally overflowed from me to her and now has overflowed from her back to me, can now overflow from me once again to someone else! This is the purest representation of our very own Mother Nature. Humans mostly believe in give-and-take but this principle can’t be found in Nature at all. What can be found is the give-re-give cycle. Just like the water filled clouds overflow and pour rain onto the earth below, the soil returns its overflowing gifts in form of moisture, dew, fog – back to the skies to form clouds once again. And the cycle begins anew.
We see this principle everywhere in Nature, humanity is just a bit slow in “getting it.” And that’s okay – eternity is a heck of a long time and that’s really how long we have to get it right. Let’s start with the pay it forward energy.